
1. What is your stance on abortion? Give three reasons why (this is your own thoughts). Explain clearly and use a lot of detail. - 5 points
Life is full of choices, like for example, to be either pro-choice or pro-life. To choose between life and rights took me a while; eventually I chose to be pro-choice. Being pro-choice means that I believe that women have the right to do what they please with their body. Abortion also happens to be a much safer process when legal than it is illegal, so making abortion illegal will only put more people in danger. Although I don’t like the fact of harming or “killing” an unwanted or unborn child, it’s still your choice, I know that I wouldn’t do it. Being part of pro-choice doesn’t really mean that I hate life, it simply means that I am willing to help those in need of equal treatment, like for example, pregnant teenagers. Most women who have an abortion don’t do it to put a-side their responsibilities in life, but to simply keep moving in life.
2. Copy/paste evidence that supports that supports your views. Make sure you use quotation marks (" ") because these are NOT your words. - 3 points
- "A pregnancy to a woman is perhaps one of the most determinative aspects of her life. It disrupts her body. It disrupts her education. It disrupts her employment. And it often disrupts her entire family life."
3. Explain the quote you chose for number 2 in your own words.
Women, like myself, need to have the right to be treated the same as men, even if it means having to get an abortion. Being pregnant is a big disruption and a lot of responsibility, especially if it is an accidental pregnancy, it disrupts women from acheiving their full potential in life.
4.
- "women have the moral right to decide what to do with their bodies.
5. Explain the quote you chose for number 4 in your own words.
That's true, shouldn't we be able to do what we please with our bodies, weren't we given that right? It's your choice to be for or against abortion, and pro-choice gives you that choice.

0 comments:
Post a Comment