THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, November 3, 2008

Hiroshima



1. This is a picture of the Yokokawa Bridge before the bombing of Hiroshima. It looks so peaceful, so calm, and it would seem that people there don't have a care in the world. The citizens of Hiroshima didn't seem to expect that an atomic bomb were to just drop down from the sky and destroy their beautiful city. The citizens of Hiroshima had nothing to do with the governmental decisions and so, didn't deserve to be attacked. It pains to know that innocent people are being harmed and killed due to the wrong done by their government.

2. After the atomic bombing took place on August 6, 1945, a majority of the city of Hiroshima had disappeared. Thousands of people have died and thousands more were injured. A lot of damage occurred and it seems almost impossible to rebuild it. Looking at this picture sends a chill down my spine and it makes me feel sorry for all of those people who were effected by it. I see buildings that once stood tall and feel the presence of those who's lives were lost.

3. This picture shows a little boy that was in the middle of his daily routine when he was paralyzed and incinerated, his organs boiled and his bones brittled. And he is just one of the thousands more who were also killed in the nuclear attack. Looking at this image I feel uncomfortable and for some reason I could feel as if my skin is burning. I see a little boy who didn't know that he was going to die that morning and it scares me to think that the same situation could occur here in Los Angeles at any time.


4. It's amazing how the survivors of the atomic bombing are not only able to tell their story of their experience but to also draw it.The artist of this drawing seemed to remember almost every detail of what had happened. Looking at this drawing, I see no source of life. I feel so alone and afraid and I feel that it must of been hard for the artist to draw something that reminds him or herself of their painful past.




0 comments: